The Laurel of Asheville‘s Community Events Calendar
If you would like to submit an event to appear in our online Community Events Calendar, please visit our submission page.
The Laurel of Asheville is a lifestyle magazine focused on the arts, culture, and communities of Western North Carolina, and submitted events should fall within this context. If your event occurs over several days, please submit multiple events. Events extending beyond a four-day schedule will not be accepted. All submissions are subject to editorial approval and edits for clarity and style before being published online. Please allow up to 48 hours for your even to be posted. If you encounter difficulties submitting an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
June 10, 2017 - June 11, 2017Free
Asheville VeganFest expects 10,000 visitors to gather downtown this June in celebration of a plant-based lifestyle and compassionate living.
• Pre-party: Kick-off Asheville VeganFest weekend; Friday, June 9, THE BLOCK off Biltmore, 39 S Market St., 6-9 p.m.
• SpeakerFest: Panel discussions with guest speakers; Saturday, June 10, Asheville Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway St., 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
• Veg Speed Date: Sign-up for a speed dating session; Saturday, June 10, Asheville Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway St., 4:30-6 p.m., purchase tickets at https://vegspeeddate.com/event/158122
• Vegan chocolate tasting: Savor vegan chocolate samples; Saturday, June 10, Asheville Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway St., 7-7:30 p.m.
• Film screening: “What the Health,” followed by a Q&A session with Eunice Wong; Saturday, June 10, Asheville Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway St., 7:30-10 p.m.
• Outdoor festival: Over 75 vendors showcasing vegan food, beer and compassionate lifestyle products plus guest speakers; Sunday, June 11, Pack Square Park, 80 Court Plaza, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.